Friday, March 26, 2010

The Rug of Many Colors

For about a week I was wrapped up in braiding fabric. Literally I probably could have streched the braid down the street and back it was so long! It surprisingly was very stress free and such a fun project--turned out very pretty too don't you think?

Before I could hardly get it on the floor before someone already made it their bed...

This is what it looks like in the living room area...makes for a pretty cozy space.  Don't be afraid to try this on your own.  If you have fabric scraps laying around the house just start braiding away.  When you think you have enough braid wrap it in a circle and hand sew it together.  As always, let me know if you have any questions or need some help. 

1 comment:

  1. This is really pretty. I like the colors. Louise

    ReplyDelete