Friday, March 26, 2010

A Textures Greeting

For starters, I do apologize for always updating my blog on Fridays.  I know the readers would probably like to read a post daily but the truth is I can't seem to find time everyday to update it.  So until I figure it out...look for new posts on Friday! 

Poor Mom has been hounding me for about two weeks to make her a few greeting cards.  Last night I finally sat down to do so.  I have been busy with work, my little family, and I got a new sewing machine....can I get an Amen?  After using one from the 80s my dear Dad finally caved and bought me a machine.  I have been working on a special little project that I can't post until after Easter...so stay tuned.

Anyway...greeting cards are way fun to make and can basically be done with just scraps you have laying around.  Here are a few that I made for Mom...

Two say "Thank You", one says "hello" and the fourth one says "You make my day".  If you think about it writing notes are a thing of the past.  The only instance it seems they are written are to say "thank you".  I do not typically brag on myself, but I will say I am good about sending encouraging notes.  Card making does make a mess...but so worth it to the people on the recieving end. 
Above are a few supplies that have become my BFF when make cards.  Scrap pads which can be purchased anywhere , distress ink, which creates a finished look on the cards, and random scraps. All of which can be found at your local craft store.  I encourage you to use your creative juices and makes someones day by making them a card.  It will relieve stress after a long days work and pay off in the end.

That is all I have for now...stay tuned for next Friday when I post what my latest project.

Oh, and for those that have been looking at my blog without becoming a "follower"...you better do so because I can see you looking anyway ;)

Just kidding! But seriously here is how to become a follower.  On the right had side of the screen scroll down until you see the "Followers" heading.  Then click "follow".  It is that simple people!  You can sign in with many different accounts such as google, aim, yahoo, or twitter. 

1 comment: