Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Mother's Day Ideas

This post is dedicated to the people like me that are searching for the perfect gifts for their mothers.  If your like me, I struggle with tyring to come of with the perfect gift for someone that does so much for me. 

 For the crafy people here is a link to a blog called Ruffles and Stuff.  This whole month she has dedicated her posts to making things for mothers day check it out here http://www.rufflesandstuff.com/. This site has great tutorials for beginners like me. 

Martha Stewarts blog had a great idea to make a grocery bag out of an old t-shirt.  Which can be found here http://thecraftsdept.marthastewart.com/2010/04/bags-for-earth-day.html

Little Birdie Secrets blog had a super cute idea to add some frill to dirty household projects do woman likes found here http://littlebirdiesecrets.blogspot.com/2008/11/not-your-mamas-rubber-gloves.html.

If any of you have questions about the links let me know. If more are interested I will post more ideas for thsoe that are looking to make something for Mother's Day gifts.  I am currently working on a few projects but can't tell you about them because a few of my readers are recipients of the gifts...hmmm hmmm.

For those not looking to craft anything a few ideas are:

  • Buy a hosehold plant
  • Gift card to her favorite store
  • Gift card for a dinner date
  • Gift card for a mani and pedi
  • IOU coupons (great for kids to give)
  • Flowers
  • Bake her something sweet
  • Hit up Ann Taylor Loft
  • Frame a picture of you with your Mom
(I know I am lame with ideas...it was hard not to think out of the crafty world.) 
If you are on a budget the most important thing is that you spend the day with the lady that brought you into this world and give her a hug.  I am sure that will mean much for than some silly hosehold plant any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment